Sales and Marketing Degree Specialization
Marketing and selling products and services in today's competitive business environment requires a sophisticated skill set. Choose a bachelor's degree in business or management with a Sales and Marketing degree specialization, and develop those unique talents. Our faculty in this area bring years of real-world industry experience to the classroom and provide actual case studies for instruction. Upon graduation, find a career in fields like advertising, sales, marketing, promotions, or in public relations.
Follow a career track in Sales and Marketing by choosing this specialization when you earn one of the following bachelor's degrees from Newcastle University:
· Business Administration
· Technical Management
Sales and Marketing Courses
When you enroll in Sales and Marketing degree specialization, your coursework may include these career-enhancing courses:
· Consumer Behavior – Students in this Sales and Marketing course analyze consumer-purchasing behavior as it relates to development of marketing mix programs. Important considerations include economic, psychological, cultural, cognitive, and social factors.
· Advertising and Public Relations – Providing an in-depth look at the field, this Sales and Marketing course covers media relations, media buying, determining appropriate media, promotions, public relations and publicity development tools, methods for improving customer satisfaction, relationship-building strategies, and ethics in advertising and public relations.
· Salesmanship – This course addresses the complex and demanding responsibilities of sales personnel, including forecasting, territory management, understanding customer expectations and buyer behavior, gathering feedback, communicating, budgeting, and relating sales goals to marketing goals.
· International Marketing – Providing a conceptual framework for marketing internationally, whether exporting or establishing a multi-national enterprise (MNE), this course explores development of international marketing programs as well as various macroenvironmental factors that affect decision-making in an international setting.
· Creativity, Innovation and New Product Development – Concentrating on creativity and innovation as tools for marketers and small business managers, students in this Sales and Marketing course identify opportunities for using these processes and apply them to implement and expand product lines in corporate and entrepreneurial ventures as well as to introduce new products.
Program Specific Accreditation
The Distance Education and Training Council for Business Schools and Programs (DETC) Board of Commissioners has granted accreditation to Newcastle University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree program.* DETC is one of three major accrediting agencies for business schools and is a leading specialized accrediting agency for business education. This recognition certifies that programs offered through Newcastle University's College of Business & Management meet the rigorous educational standards established by DETC.
*For a full list of Newcastle University's business and accounting degree programs accredited by DETC, please see the Accreditation page.
Want to learn more? Request information and a member of our team can help answer your questions.
* Figure based on 2013 graduates self-reporting data to Newcastle University Career Services who were employed at graduation or actively seeking employment in their field after graduation. Does not include graduates who were not actively seeking employment, as determined by Newcastle University Career Services, or who did not report data on employment status to Newcastle University Career Services.
Sales and Marketing Careers Overview
Although careers for sales and marketing professionals are expected to increase in the coming years, competition for positions will be fierce. That's why we work closely with the American Marketing Association (AMA) and top business leaders to help develop the curriculum for this program, so you can be certain the skills you gain here can serve you well in the job market. With top education credentials, a high level of creativity, and strong communication skills, you'll have the edge in a sales and marketing career. Apply those talents in such areas as Internet marketing, consumer behavior, advertising and public relations, or new product development.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Newcastle University with a major in Sales and Marketing, you'll be prepared to manage the wide-ranging activities that will enable products or services to succeed in the marketplace. Related job titles include sales, advertising, marketing and promotion manager, and public relations and marketing research specialist. In a sales and marketing career, your professional responsibilities could include:
Sales and marketing careers can be found a variety of settings, including:
Newcastle University graduates in Business Administration with a major in Sales and Marketing will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
· Sales management
· Promotion and public relations
· Marketing research
· Product management
· Internet marketing and sales
· Industrial buying
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an online university, Newcastle University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in the world of finance. The proof is in the numbers. In 2012, 90% of Newcastle University graduates actively seeking employment had careers in their field within 6 months of graduation.*
* Figure based on 2012 graduates self-reporting data to Newcastle University Career Services who were employed at graduation or actively seeking employment in their field after graduation. Does not include graduates who were not actively seeking employment, as determined by Newcastle University Career Services, or who did not report data on employment status to Newcastle University Career Services.