Postgraduate, Continuing professional development, Taught
How long it takes:
Distance learning/ Campus
Find out more about
Newcastle Law School
The Online MBA runs six modules a year, each module lasts approximately eight weeks and is worth 10 credits. Students enrol onto these modules one at a time and in a linear structure to ensure they grasp the fundamentals of business in manageable sections.
In the second year of the Online MBA, students have the opportunity to choose their modules from a list of options. This allows them to focus on the core principles of business and build specialist knowledge tailored to their career in areas such as marketing, economics, entrepreneurship and change management.
Benefit from a syllabus based on the latest insights and issues in business and globalisation on a course which has been carefully designed for the 21st century career professional:
Online MBA year one core modules:
- Operations management
- International business
- Accounting and finance
- Organisational behaviour and human resource management
Online MBA year two module choices:
- Economics and economic policy for business*
- Service operations management
- Critical integration in management*
- Marketing strategy
- Management of change
- Entrepreneurship and innovation*
- Corporate finance
- Advanced strategy
- Business in society
*These elective modules are repeated to allow more flexibility.
Online MBA year three core module:
- Dissertation (60 credits)
The dissertation is submitted to fulfil the requirements for the award of the Master of Business Administration degree. The subject of the dissertation can be related to your work environment or to an area of interest to your employer, which may encourage employers to support time for study or financial assistance.
Considering postgraduate study, but unsure whether you meet the entry requirements for a Masters-level degree? Postgraduate admissions guidelines vary by course and university, but can be quite flexible.
Your existing qualifications will be important, but you don’t necessarily need a great Bachelors degree to apply for a Masters. Your personal circumstances and experience may also be considered during the admissions process.
This guide explains the typical entry requirements for a Masters, which include:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject – Depending on the programme and institution, you may need a 2.1 in your Bachelors, but this isn’t always the case
- Language proficiency – If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to display a certain ability level, usually through a language test
- Professional experience – Some postgraduate programmes may require you to have some professional experience (this is usually the case for PGCEs and Masters in Social Work)
- Entrance exams – These are only required in certain subject areas and qualifications, including some MBAs
Tuition fees for UK/EU students 2020/21
MSc: Full-time £9,900. Part-time £4,950
Postgraduate Diploma: Full-time £6,660. Part-time £3,300
Tuition fees for International students 2020/21
MSc: Full time £23,310
Postgraduate Diploma: Full-time £15,540
You’ll show your progress through a combination of written essays, problem-solving assignments and presentations.
All students take our core modules, but please note that the availability of optional modules is subject to demand.
Between 2014 and 2024, senior level and managerial positions within professional business occupations are estimated to increase by approximately 15%*. Gain the global business understanding you need to compete for these positions by studying for an Online MBA.
As 2016’s University of the Year for Graduate employment**, we understand the value of career development and from the outset we support all students as they strive to meet and exceed their career goals.
To help students remain competitive in the job market, from the very start of your Online Master of Business Administration you will have access to bespoke advice from our employment consultants. They offer one-to-one coaching on Skype or other communication tools and can work with you to clarify your aspirations, supporting you in your future career. You could even develop an employment strategy to help open doors to a wide range of potential employers (both domestically and globally).
We understand how important it is to focus on your professional future. We aim to enable and inspire students to maximise their potential, grow intellectually and gain the skills, understanding and attributes that are highly sought after by employers, giving you excellent future prospects in a competitive employment market.
Take advantage of career opportunities
We want to ensure that you can progress in this competitive environment and have designed our Online MBA content with a practical approach and contemporary subject matter. It is this real life experience that will give you a commanding position when it comes to taking advantage of the career opportunities available. During your studies, you should expect to:
- Further your ability to overcome complex problems in global business
- Develop critical managerial skills and master practical applications
- Enhance the people management skills necessary for more effective leadership
- Challenge critical thinking on business issues within a global society
- Understand business management and its’ application in professional life
- Gain international perspectives of organisations and management theory